QuickTopic logo Create New TopicNew Topic My TopicsMy Topics News
Skip to Messages


Injured Postal & Federal Workers

^     All messages            30296-30311 of 30311  30280-30295 >>
jjmvPerson was signed in when posted
11:23 AM ET (US)
How can I find out what OWCP/DOL has categorized me
SnowedPerson was signed in when posted
11:08 PM ET (US)
A USPS decision on your disability status has nothing to do with OWCP decision. OWCP decides based on medical documents in your file.
03:44 PM ET (US)
Talk to Keven at NALC headquarters to get a Union OWCP REP. The Union started hiring people a year ago for just these purposes.
And you might try Their an advocate service called IFWAA. They will represent you free of charge. They will link you up with doctors and handle whatever matter. They have trained staff that are very friendly that will assist you along the way. The number (800)487-6360
jjmvPerson was signed in when posted
02:49 PM ET (US)
If the agency gives me a letter of notification that i'am ADA employee and that the agency can not accommodate my medical restrictions does that mean i'am entitled or ? ----- to OWCP disability benefits or can DOL still try there tactics
SnowedPerson was signed in when posted
10:08 PM ET (US)
yes it is normal for your IME to proceed. The only thing that stops when you elect disability retirement is vocational rehabilitation.
08:55 PM ET (US)
You're educating me what's DR? You need to talk to a Union workers comp Rep. Did you get an Award? I think you may of missed out on some things retiring because of your injury. That coach Dr. is the second opinion Dr.
Edited 05-16-2016 08:59 PM
RCSurferPerson was signed in when posted
04:46 PM ET (US)
cross post/sorry if you see it twice

Background: Was on OWCP from 2/2012-4/2016 Electing DR effective 5/1/2016. I informed OWCP in Jan 2016 I would be making the switch over May 1. I had a 2nd opinion in Jan 2016, he agreed that the USPS was culpable for my injury and that I was still experiencing problems because of said injury; despite that, he said I could work 8 hours a day. My doc submitted the rebuttal late Feb-early March 2016. About the end of April I received notice from OWCP that since there was a discrepancy in my ability to work between the two docs I would be sent to a referee physician. May 6 I received confirmation that I was off the roles of FECA and over to DR; May 10 letter informing me that because of being retired my claim examiner had changed. Now today I receive a letter dated 5/11/16 stating that "... a conflict in medical evidence exists in your case and therefore a Referee Examination must be conducted. The nature of the conflict is: To determine whether the claimant's continuing disability is causally related to employment and the physical limitations/restrictions imposed by residuals from the work injury."

I called and talked with my new claims examiner asking if I still needed to go since I was now on DR. He said yes that my previous examiner told him that I would need to go because I could switch back to OWCP at any time. I told him that I would not be doing that (and in my mind I'm thinking wouldn't it be cheaper for them to send me for the referee exam at a later date if I decided to switch back). I said I thought the only discrepancy was over wage loss and the amount of hours I could work and since I choose retirement wasn't that null now? He said I still needed to go to this exam and if I didn't go they would cut off covering my medical bills.

My questions: Not really understanding the legalese/medical statement of the conflict. Are they now trying to say my continuing problems are not work related (even though their second opinion doc did agree they were culpable) and they are trying to cut off my medical now? If their Referee says I need to have a FCE do I have to go? Because after all they could say I might switch back to OWCP at anytime. I thought all this nonsense ended when you went on DR.

Any one have any experience with this? I was breathing a sigh of relief and now I'm all tensed up again.

Also my past two 2nd ops were scheduled by an outside company, this one for the Referee came directly from the DOL is that normal?
Edited 05-16-2016 05:08 PM
11:14 PM ET (US)
Same thing happened to me. By the time I saw the second opinion I was even worse. Your second opinion will be a neutral Doctor and will see you for whats really causing your damage.
11:08 PM ET (US)
Get restrictions from your doctor on a CA-17. He does not need a note from a attorney. I still say you need a Union Rep. that does nothing but workers comp. Did you try 800 487 6360 that I say on here. You don't sound that bad for DOL OWCP. DOL wont do anything till you can't use a body part or walk, then you have to go to emergency. I didn't for the 1st 2 years and I'm not getting paid for missing months of work off and on those 2 years. I went to my Doctor when he could see me, but you have to see someone when you can't walk so they can write it down while you're cripple without a nights rest. After 2 years a disc slipped and I had to use a chair to get around. Had surgery was OK a few months than Rt leg started giving out. Worked a 2 more years Lt knee gave out twice with 2 surgeries. Lt knee and Rt knee have both gone out now. GOOD LUCK
My life
08:36 PM ET (US)
Dol closed it & won't pay bills.
My life
08:35 PM ET (US)
Reggie my doc says never be able to perform the duty of lifting 70#. But they won't put it in writing unless they get something from attorney requesting it be stated. Going to try for rehabilitation or permanent limitations. Worried about how much longer this is going to take. Almost 5 yrs.
My life
08:31 PM ET (US)
Reggie, thank you.I pray for the best for you. When I saw dol doc she said my tear isn't work related & sent me back to full duty. I'm in pa. Two notes from my treating Dr say work contributes & aggregates my back. Disc presses on nerve cause knee to give out I wear a brace but grade 4 radial tear in L5/S1. Dol doc said disc degeneration. I'm starting to ask if everyone is crazy.
01:05 PM ET (US)
Again a Lawyer will take your Money your Local Union President needs to talk to higher union rep. I don't know what area you're in, but there are Union Reps paid just for this, that's all they do. I got worse months after surgery where my leg would give out on the 6 day of work so the Doctor restricted me from working. This was denied and sent to Washington. Washington sent it back approving it under reconsideration. I did not send it in under reconsideration. I worked a year and a half after surgery and my left knee went out. 8 months later my knee went out again and took my back out again. I've been out ever since. Than my right knee went out. DOL's Doctor said my osteoarthritis was further accelerated and aggravated by his work with the US Postal Service. He also said I needed lighter work. After 2 surgeries on my left knee and seeing DOL's Doctor. My left knee is worse. No one wants to do anymore surgeries. Both Knee and back Doctors said I'm disabled from doing any type of work. I should get my appeal for my back recurrence this month. I'm still waiting after 20 months for my approval for my knees. Again the Doctor has to wright it correctly not the lawyer. It takes a lot of time and a lot of money unless you have over a year of sick time. Hope any of this helps. You have to call DOL on everything or it will be buried/put aside and not done.
My life
08:04 PM ET (US)
Reggie the first case is in the process of reconsideration now, but where the second one happened it was still open. I was under Dr care still. The union local president said lawyer. I filled CA-2 they denied it time for the next step. The clock is ticking.
Cubs if that post was for me I'll give it a try. My condition is permanent, going to pain mgmt. No surgery per 2 neurosurgeons.
06:00 PM ET (US)
Their an advocate service called IFWAA. They will represent you free of charge. They will link you up with doctors and handle whatever matter. They have trained staff that are very friendly that will assist you along the way. The number (800)487-6360
jjmvPerson was signed in when posted
11:41 AM ET (US)
I have a active EEO investigation on one case it's at the OFO phase I received another letter from the judge a letter to file a EEO or right to sue different case ; can I have to EEO going practically at the same time
^     All messages            30296-30311 of 30311  30280-30295 >>