QuickTopic logo Create New TopicNew Topic My TopicsMy Topics News
Skip to Messages


Job Injury Help and Information for U. S. Postal Service Employees

On The Job Injury Help and Information
Please visit our homepage Postal Employee Network
V     All messages            12377-12392 of 12392  12357-12376 >>
SnowedPerson was signed in when posted
10:58 PM ET (US)
If it was ssdi payments then there is no offset on the part of owcp. OWCP offsets when you reach full retirement age and AADI payments switch to Regular SS payments.
LornaJPerson was signed in when posted
01:03 PM ET (US)
My husband is a rural carrier. He was injured at his postal office on 12/19/15 (Saturday). He went to the ER for his back injury. The USPS HR advised me on 12/22/15 that she was unaware of his injury of 12/19/15. We provided a CA-1 to USPS on on 12/23/15. On 12/28/15, USPS requested another CA-1, which we provided the same day. The Claim no. was not received by us until 01/04/16. At that time, we began scheduling the follow up appt. with an Orthopedic Surgeon, as directed by the ER. The first available appt. was on 1/28/16. We received a claim denial letter on 1/13/16, stating the ER doctor did not sign the report as they stated it was signed by a PA. They also stated that they have not received a statement from a physician, which we could not obtain until the appointment on 1/28/16. The last pay husband received was on 12/19/15. The CA-1 forms were marked for COP. USPS office stated he could not use his sick time or leave time without a statement from the doctor. They have been giving him LWOP since 12/19/15. I am thankful to say, husband returned to work today, however, we now have to find out how to receive his back pay. We have reached the point of frustration beyond limits! Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!
15 year vet..Person was signed in when posted
09:47 AM ET (US)
What happens when all leave is used up? And places in LWOP status while waiting for OWCP approval.. For example, medical/dental/tsp loan?
LornaJPerson was signed in when posted
12:17 PM ET (US)
To 15 year vet: with our situation, all medical benefits are still intact. You can call the number on back of your cards to verify.
15 year vet..Person was signed in when posted
09:27 AM ET (US)
Do you guys have an idea how long Federal Disability takes? Maybe 6 months if not denied?
Rick OwensPerson was signed in when posted
10:41 AM ET (US)
Hello All - PEN has a new sponsor that may be able to help some of you with your injury or disability claims - read article here:


Rick Owens
Johana RodriguezPerson was signed in when posted
11:59 AM ET (US)
So if I get injured what are the steps to take? I am in Tampa Florida. who should I contact? can I find a doctor myself to evaluate me or who refers me to one? Please help!
LornaJPerson was signed in when posted
12:56 PM ET (US)
Johana - this is my suggestion from our experience & research: After advising supervisor, #1 - FILE a CA-1 immediately! Make sure it is signed by the employee, not just a representative. #2 - contact Health & Human Resource at 813-354-6078. #3 - keep a copy of EVERYTHING!!!! Document all phone calls with date, time & conversation. Do as much as possible in writing (letter, fax, email, etc.) Do some research on OWCP website; do NOT believe anyone else has your best interest in mind. If they do, great! But not all do. Hope it goes well for you! www.dol.gov/owcp/dfec/fec-faq.htm
Edited 02-01-2016 01:01 PM
checkchickPerson was signed in when posted
01:41 PM ET (US)
If my ortho doc who did my surgery sends me to a specialist, do I have to get prior approvel from owcp?
Laber24Person was signed in when posted
04:41 PM ET (US)
I just received from Shared Services Form SF 2818 Continuation of Life Ins. Coverage. I have been on workers comp for 1 year now. I am in Vocational Rehab in the training mode. I also put in for Disability Retirement in beginning of Nov 2015. I have not been approved yet. If I eventually get a job through the voc rehab but still get partial compensation do I lose my life ins? Will I get it back if I get approved for Disability Retirement?
Edited 02-02-2016 04:42 PM
agodlywomanPerson was signed in when posted
03:49 PM ET (US)
johana: was your injury caused during one day at work, or over time? that decides what type form you submit. did you go to your doctor or the ER? you should tell your supervisor immediately. you can pick your own doctor that you trust. make sure they understand workers comp. google the CA-810 and read through it. it has excellent information for you to understand. begin to write a condensed description of your job duties for your dr. to read. either describe that day, OR if the injury was occupational (over time), describe everything. make sure your supervisor signs the form. keep a copy of everything. mail it to owcp certified mail. they will send you a claim number. your dr. needs to show how the duties are tied to the injury. they can cause, aggravate and accelerate. i would not say cause. that is too hard to prove. state the others.
checkchickPerson was signed in when posted
07:02 PM ET (US)
Does anyone know how the heck you get a prescription filled through OWCP? I have paper from OWCP that states bills should be submitted through Point of Sale. I call pharmacy and they know what Point of Sale is but need an RX #? If any one has experience with this, please let me know
JFP679Person was signed in when posted
03:10 PM ET (US)
checkchick... When I was first accepted, I took my acceptance letter to the pharmacy and they called the phone number on it and got things approved. Shortly after that I received a prescription card from owcp and now I use that. It is much easier that way. Maybe you could call them and ask about it?? I wish they had a card for testing and blood work too, I always take my acceptance letter when I need those things and it always works. Good luck!!
Sue2Person was signed in when posted
05:41 PM ET (US)
Has anyone received a raise for Febuary ? I have not received statement yet so I do not know where extra money is coming from.
If I request payments for last year will they mail it to me ?
checkchickPerson was signed in when posted
06:54 PM ET (US)
/m12389 thanks I'll try that
neicePerson was signed in when posted
11:20 AM ET (US)
sue2 - I didn't receive an increase in Feb.
V     All messages            12377-12392 of 12392  12357-12376 >>